New Year’s Eve or Old Year’s Night as it is referred to in Barbados, is a night that almost everyone seeks to celebrate in some way or the other, while ringing in the new year. We will present some of the places that you can go for Old Year’s, and the activities you can do. This list is by no means exhaustive, as the Old Year’s Night Schedule is one that is constantly evolving and updating.
Watching the fireworks is one of the most popular customs in Barbados on Old Years Night, as scores of persons flock to designated areas to watch them with friends, family or loved ones. Some persons settle at these locations from as early as 8 or 9 and have candlelit picnics and play games, while others just pass through on heir way to a party. The main fireworks display locations are:
- Hilton Hotel Resort (South Coast) – Needhams Point, St Michael (Garrison Historic area)
- Sandy Lane Resort (West Coast) – Highway 1, St James (near Holetown & Paynes Bay)
- Mango Bay Resort (West Coast) – Second Street, Holetown, St James
For those looking for maybe a more romantic setting to watch the fireworks, there are several lookout or vantage points where you can catch them:
- South Coast Boardwalk/Hastings Rocks
- Carlisle Bay Beaches
- Bridgetown Boardwalk
- Trevor’s Way
- Beaches along Spring Garden Highway
- Beaches along Paynes Bay & Holetown
- Hinds Hill area
- Sunset Ridge
When the Cost Doesn’t Really Matter
As stated previously, the events schedule for Old Year’s Night is one that is constantly evolving. However, there are some places that are absolutely certain to be abuzz with activity, and some parties that are a MUST to attend. Your budget may have to be a bit on the heftier side for these activities.
Elevate Suit and Tie Via Monte Napoleone
What better way to ring in the New Year than at an elegant suit and tie event? This event is hosted by Elevate Events in collaboration with Johnnie Walker and Piper Rare Champagne. Toast the New Year with any premium drink of your choice, while liming with friends, loved ones and acquaintances.
Venue: Rare Maison, Belle Plantation, St. Michael
Time: 10:00pm – 4:00am
Cost: Ladies $190 Gents $210BDS
Studio 54 @ Cin Cin by the Sea
Ring in the New Year in Studio 54 style! Party hard like a rock star with free drinks, party favors and fireworks. Featuring the biggest hits from the decades with popular DJ’s. Also, featuring the band Kevan Sahai and The Crashers.
Venue: Cin Cin by the Sea, Prospect, St. James
Time: 11:00pm until
Hilton Barbados – Light It Up
Slated as the best all-inclusive party of the year Hilton Barbados will host an Old Year’s Night beach experience with a sensational menu, drinks and top entertainment by Biggie Irie, Frank Mosbaugh, Mistah Dale and The Strategy Band. The fireworks display is not to be missed.
Venue: The Hilton Barbados, Needham’s Point, St Michael
Time: 7:00 -3:00
- 1st and 2nd Street, Holetown, St. James – the “St. Lawrence Gap” of the west coast, 1st and second streets come alive on both weeknights and weekends in St. James. From Bar Hopping to watching the fireworks, it is the ideal location to settle in for Old Year’s Night. For those who don’t wish to hop from restaurant to restaurant or bar to bar, there is the option of spending the entire night at:
- St. Lawrence Gap – Always a hub of activity on most nights, Old Year’s Night will be no different. With a plethora of restaurants, bars and nightclubs, making The Gap your location of choice for Old year’s Night will give you lots of variety on our night. One of the places you can settle in for the entire nigh in the Gap is the:
- Restaurants and Nightclubs across the island tend to have various specials as well as activities at their various location. For those who love the tried and tested, you can always keep abreast of what your favorite restaurant and club will be hosting on Old Years’ Night.
Choosing any one of our options for our Old Year’s Night activities will definitely assure you a night of fun. Remember: be safe, be responsible and…have a blast!
To view image sources click here