Choosing your wedding registry presents a fun opportunity to build-up a new home with your significant other. However, sometimes this task becomes stressful and tedious, because there are so many things that you both wish to get, and you may struggle to compromise since its’ nearly impossible to get everything. Therefore, it is helpful to have a checklist for your wedding registry, and this is what we have provided to you here.
- Fabulous Frames – this is a necessity as you will need to have something to frame your favorite photos of your favorite moments from your wedding day, and possibly your honeymoon as well.
- Standard Mixer and New Bakeware– more suited to those who will do a lot of baking, but these are handy things to have around the home.
- Stainless Steel Cookware – every kitchen needs good cookware, but again this is more suited to those who will be using their kitchen regularly.
- Suitcases – if you don’t have them already, registering suitcases is a great idea, especially if you will need a new set for that honeymoon trip. Even if you don’t use it for the honeymoon, they will be needed for vacations in the years to come.
- “Dual” Dinnerware – as the name implies, these are excellent for just regular, everyday use, but still have an extra something to them that makes them look great on the table when entertaining guests.
- Wineglasses – always useful to have around the home, especially for special occasions.
- High-class Cutlery – a knife set, forks, spoons etc. are necessities for every household and a really nice set can last you a lifetime.
- Gift Cards – ideal both for you and your guests; they can choose something affordable without the risk of purchasing something you won’t like, and you get to choose your own gift from your favorite store.
- “Fun Stuff” – for example camping gear, snorkeling gear, diving gear etc. Essentially, this can include anything that you use when engaging in your favourite hobby together.
- Linens – this is one of those “you can’t go wrong gifts”, as your linens eventually wear and tear. What better time to upgrade your linens than having a high quality set on your wedding registry?
- Digital Camera – to capture every great moment together
- Vacuum Cleaner – practical and useful but less flashy than other gifts, a vacuum cleaner will come in handy in that new home.
- Iron – one of the most boring things to shop for is an iron, so, what’s better than having someone else do it for you? Plus, it’s a necessity to have around the house.
- Toaster Oven – one of the more popular gifts on wedding registries is a toaster oven, as it is both practical for you, and affordable for your shoppers.
- Regular Glasses – wineglasses may be for the special occasion celebrations, but you and your significant other will still need regular glasses for everyday use.
While these “must haves” can save you some headaches and stress, it is important to tailor your registry to suit you and your spouse. Think about what you and your fiancé want and need, and the space you have (or don’t have) to store these items. Also, it is ideal to keep the number of stores you register at to two or three. Choosing a large department sore, and maybe one or two smaller stores can ensure that you get all that you need for your new home. Also, do not be shy about price. Include items that are on both ends of the scale and allow persons to choose that they wish to spend on you.
To view image sources click here