Top 10 Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day being labelled as the most romantic day of the year often brings with it a certain amount of pressure: pressure to get the perfect gift for your significant other. This gift giving guide is sure to help you relieve some of that headache this
1) Tell your partner I Love You – in a unique way – there is no better way to commemorate the day of love than saying “I Love You”; not just by using the words of course but saying it in a way you have never done before, for example, writing a poem or a song, or finding a creative way to say all the things you love about them (see image).
2) Flowers – the #1 used gift for Valentine’s is to send your significant other flowers (and yes, women can give men flowers too). There are so many different flowers that convey different aspects of love and relationships, so chose the right one that describes your love for your partner.
3) Chocolate/Sweet treats – next in line behind flowers in the most used Valentine’s gift is chocolate. However, just because it is traditional, doesn’t mean it has to be plain. The chocolates can convey a special message to your partner such as “My true love”, “My heartbeat” just for example.
4) A piece of jewellery showing love – remember when we said to say I Love You in a unique way? Jewellery itself for Valentine’s may not be unique, but the item you gift can be. As displayed here, you can gift your partner a diamond heart ring, or you can give her a beautiful necklace with a lovely engraved message. Or, you can give her one half of a heart and let her know you have the other half, symbolizing that as the two pieces are joined together to become one, so do you two.
5) A token/reminder of your first date – show your partner that you have not forgotten where it all began. This token can involve an old movie ticket from your first date, a picture of the sunset you watched that day or the sand that you guys walked on at the end of your date.
6) DIY gift – Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to involve giving expensive gifts. You can create a gift with your hands that comes from the heart as well. Our favourite idea for this type of gift is a message in a bottle, where you capture a message you would like to say to your partner on this special day. This can also be a great way of proposing as well if you plan to propose on Valentine’s Day.
7) Spa Day for her – show her that you love her so much that the day doesn’t have to be about you two as a couple, but it can be just about her as well. Ensure that she is pampered from head to toe by arranging a day where she can just relax and be taken care of. It would be even more romantic if you were the one doing the pampering as well!
8) Lingerie for her, “Man-gerie” for him – romantic and sensual, lingerie and “man-gerie” is not only a gift for the receiver, but for the giver as well. Encourage your partner to get their “sexy on” for the night…and possibly for the morning as well.
9) Appreciation gift basket – this can include anything from treats, to scented candles, perfumes, fruits or a basket of all your significant other’s favourite things.
10) A bath and body gift set for him – not only women deserve to be pampered but men do as well. Show your guy that he too deserves to come home and unwind after a long day in a nice scented bath while catching up on the latest in sports. Best of all, he will smell amazing before bed!
As with any gift giving guide, we must always emphasise that each gift you give must have meaning to the person. Valentine’s Day is about saying I Love You and showing your significant other how much you care about them and whatever gift you give should have some form of sentimentality to your significant other.
You must be logged in to post a comment.