It is a well-known fact that Father’s Day isn’t as widely acknowledged or celebrated as Mother’s Day. However, fathers themselves deserve to be appreciated and treated on their day as well. Many of the gift ideas online are related to something alcoholic (beer holders, rum, even brewing stations). However, there are many gifts that can be given that do not involve some form of alcoholic beverage but can cater to the unique personality of your father.
- Day out with dad – Why not spend a day with your father doing something that he loves? You can take a scenic bus ride, or get tickets to a sports game that he may be interested in attending. No gift can substitute for good quality time with your father.
- Anything related to his favourite pastime – this can include anything from a travel poker set, to a new fishing rod or golf club. Think of your father’s favourite hobby or activity and get him something that can enhance his experience while doing it
- A wallet – Every man needs a good wallet so why not give one to your dad for father’s day? Make sure he has something of good quality to put all his money and important cards in.
- A nice watch – Mom isn’t the only one who should receive fashionable jewellery. Treat your father to a nice, elegant watch and cap is off with a nice engraving to show your love.
- Camera – if your dad is a photography buff then this gift is ideal for him. You can get him a simple digital camera if he doesn’t already have one or you can give him something a bit more high tech. Encourage him to capture all of those familial moments and memories with this thoughtful gift.
- Shaving set – this seems a bit traditional but it is definitely something all men need. Encourage your father to keep well groomed and with this set he can do that at his own convenience without having to rush off to the barber each time.
- Cologne – Just as with women, cologne is always a nice gift for any man. Get a fragrance which you know suits him. Whether he likes a strong scent or something subtle, there are many options available for you to choose from.
- Dress items (clothes, tie, cufflinks etc.) – Deck out dad this father’s day with some nice fashion wear. You can get him anything from a tie, to a sweater to a suit but whatever it is make sure it is something he can look absolutely dapper in!
- Organizer – some dads are quite messy and often rely on wives, children or friends to help them keep a track of important events in their lives. If your father falls into this category, help him out by giving him an organizer to allow him to keep track of important dates, appointments and meetings.
- Bluetooth speaker – this will allow your father to play his favourite tunes anywhere and everywhere. Make sure it is a good size so he can take with him anywhere, whether it’s on a long drive, a run or a bike ride. When purchasing, make sure it has great battery life.
As with any gift giving, it is ideal that your gift suits the personality of the receiver and a gift for father’s day is no different. We haven’t included any sentimental gift ideas on this list per se, but if your dad falls into that category, all you need is to ensure that your gift comes from the heart. That way, he is sure to appreciate anything you give him.
To view image sources click here