It is no secret that in her music career to date, Rihanna has enjoyed remarkable success. However, did you know that in addition to her 8 Grammy awards, she has also won 6 Guinness World Records? We feature these awards, and the details behind them, below.
Record 2010: Female artist with the most US no.1 singles in a year
- Rihanna became the only female artist to have 4 US Hot 100 No. 1 singles in a calendar year in 2010. These songs were: Rude Boy, Love the Way You Lie (featuring Eminem), What’s My Name? (featuring Drake) and Only Girl (In The World).
Record 2011: Most consecutive years of UK No.1 singles
- Rihanna is the first female artist to have UK No.1 singles in five consecutive years, 2007 to 2011, starting with Rude Boy and most recently Only Girl (In The World). Only Elvis and the Beatles have more.
Record 2012: Best-selling digital artist (US)
- In 2012, Rihanna became the best-selling digital artist in the US, selling (at the time) 47.57 million digital tracks during her career.
Record 2013: Most consecutive weeks on UK singles chart (multiple singles)
- Between the No.1 debut of Run this Town in 2009 and the final chart appearance of Diamonds in 2013, Rihanna spent 196 consecutive weeks in the Top 75 of the UK singles chart with 30 different tracks, 23 of which were as a solo artist or lead vocalist.
Record 2013: Most digital no.1 singles in the US
- Rihanna became the only female artist with 13 No.1 hits on Billboards Digital Songs Chart. These are Pon de Replay (2005), SOS (2006), Umbrella (Rihanna feat. Jay-Z, 2007), Take a Bow (2008), Disturbia (2008), Live Your Life (T.I. feat. Rihanna, 2008), Love the Way You Lie (Eminem feat. Rihanna, 2010), Only Girl (In the World) (2010), What’s My Name? (Rihanna feat. Drake, 2010), S&M (Rihanna feat. Britney Spears, 2011), We Found Love (Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris, 2011), Diamonds (2012) and The Monster (Eminem feat. Rihanna, 2013).
- Rihanna’s 13 No.1 hits on Billboards Digital Songs Chart spent a cumulative total of 38 weeks at #1, another Digital Songs record.
Record 2014: Most “Liked” Person on Facebook
- Rihanna dethroned the previous social media king Eminem by becoming the most “liked” person on May 16 2013 when her “like” count reached 70,738,549. Her current Facebook likes now stand at 81,694,309.
Rihanna’s achievements to date are truly impressive. Here’s to more success in the coming years for this amazing artiste.
To view image sources click here