I was born for art. This is my destiny. My life and my works are my greatest statements. They speak for themselves. Their impact on the artistic and general environment of my country, will speak for itself. I believe in the capacity of myself, and my people to be more, and I love my country. I will continue to learn, to develop and grow in my various art forms. I WILL continue my mission, As long as time will allow. – Chris Chandler Sourced form chrischandlerart.com
Quick Facts On Christopher Chandler
- Born July 21st 1969 in Barbados.
- Preferred mediums – paintings, murals, collages, drawings, photographs, mixed media and sculptures.
- Self taught artist – did not have any formal training in fine art.
- Likes to refer to himself as a Recycle-Artist as he creates art from discarded materials.
- He produces murals for restaurants and hotels both locally and internationally.
- Also creates art pieces by carving into the local limestone in areas in Barbados.
- Many of his limestone sculptures can be found in Parris Hill, St. Joseph.
This piece is called “Aquarius” (2002). In the centre, it depicts a woman pouring water. This figure was carved into the limestone and painted in oil. The “water” displayed is fiberglass in silver oil. This piece is one of many Chris Chandler limestone pieces at Parris Hill, St. Joseph, Barbados.
To view image sources click here