As we count down to Valentine’s day, we have our top 10 Valentine’s day ideas in no particular order…
- Dinner at a Restaurant – Usually the go-to plan for most couples. Why? Because it is perfect for almost all couples, regardless of how long you have been together.
- Sending flowers – simple yet very effective. And the best part is you can choose the flower based on the message you want to convey. For example, a primrose says “I can’t live without you” and a red rose says “I love you”.
- Similar to the above, you can have a rose delivered on each day leading up to Valentine’s day (via different mediums for example, mail or a friend), then personally give her one on Valentine’s day while doing something romantic such as reading a love poem.
- A weekend with the guys or gals – this one is mostly for those singles who get nauseated by the sight of the lovey-dovey Valentine’s reminders. So, you can call up a few friends, whether for the weekend or just the day/night and have some fun to take your mind off the day.
- Take a trip – this depends on when Valentine’s Day falls. If it falls on a weekend you can take a short trip to another island, or you can even have a pampered staycation at a Hotel or Guest House right here in Barbados.
- The low key romantic night – this is a great option for those with busy schedules or even those who don’t like to make a big fuss over Valentine’s Day. You can cook dinner for your guy or gal and have a romantic dinner by candlelight, rent a few movies or do some dancing – whatever suits you as a couple. Remember, simple can also be romantic.
- Shopping!! – Yes that’s right. Take your lady shopping and let her indulge (as much as your pocket can handle of course).
- A fun, bonding activity – maybe some playful games, or a class for the day such as a cooking class or art sculpting. Many couples also tend to do scavenger hunts, with their lives together as the theme.
- Serenade your significant other – this is romantic if you have a great voice, but may be funny if you don’t. Either way, your significant other will appreciate your unique expression of love.
- Using note cards write down why you love your spouse and create a photo album collage and present this to your significant other as a gift.
To view image sources click here