Any woman would tell you that her closet comprises some of her most prized possessions. Each collection of a closet may vary, as some persons’ closets just have clothes, while others have spacious room closets comprising of shoes, clothes and accessories. For Bajan girls, there are some things that are an absolute must. We spoke to three young Bajan women and got their take on 10 things that every Bajan girl needs in her closet.
- Black jeans
- Blue jeans
- Little black dress
Those items are all very versatile. They can be dressed up or dressed down.
- Black heels – these too are very versatile as they can wear to the office, church or to a nice dinner.
- Versatile clutch – a lady should always own a nice clutch bag. Can be useful for church or a formal dinner
- Nude heels – nude heels can wear with almost anything.
- Proper undergarments – this is an absolute necessity. Bras make the breasts the right amount of perky, panty lines through clothes are not cute and petticoats can save lives. Also, tummy tuckers can hide that excess belly fat.
- Interview suit/business outfit – The right outfit for an interview is a good start towards getting the job.
- Formal dress – Also, dresses are very useful since there’s always a formal event that has to be attended at some point.
- Make-up – A hint of makeup makes you go from “bleh” to “wow” and a little bit of lipstick brightens things, literally.
- Jeans – jeans are so versatile they’re a necessity. Can be worn from anything ranging from casual to elegantly casual.
- Maxi dress – perfect for those occasions where you need more formal wear such a dinner, a gala or some form of ceremony.
- A nice work dress/outfit – definitely need one of if not a few of these. Important to dress nicely for work, and also for interviews.
- Pair of heels – a pair of nice heels is important. Actually maybe a few pairs so that you can have a few for work, church or any formal event.
- A pair of nice flats – Heels aren’t everything. For me, I definitely need some flats especially if I need to go somewhere where I will do a lot of standing and/or walking.
- Proper Undergarments – definitely the most important since every good outfit starts with this. Wearing an awesome dress with the worse type of panty or bra beneath is just a “no no”.
- Bags for every occasion – Another definite necessity. A lady should always have a decent collection of bags for every occasion.
- Swimwear – we live in the Caribbean! Definitely must have something to wear to the beach!
- Jacket/coat – I tend to get chilly easily, especially in AC, so I like to have a nice jacket or coat in my closet when necessary.
- Church outfits – for me, it’s a must. Especially if you attend church every Sunday. Also, these outfits come in handy for funerals and other church events.
- Safety Pins – Useful emergency fixers. Who doesn’t have that pesky shirt gap every now and then?
- Camisoles – helps keep you covered.
- Black dress – everything black is elegant and diverse and can be used for various outings.
- Hair pins – keeps hair in place in case it falls out.
- Black lingerie – covers you quite nicely.
- Black heels – this is a necessity since they match with almost everything.
- Lip stick – every girl needs some form of make up in her closet. Some don’t like mascara and foundation, so a nice lipstick is must have addition to any closet.
- Pads – for the obvious reason
- Diary – every once and a while, one needs to vent from time to time.
- Undergarments – well duh!
Thus, it is evident that there are a range of opinions of what should be the 10 things that every Bajan girl needs in her closet. However, something black seems to be a common choice. Most importantly, good undergarments are an absolute necessity for women to compliment that perfect outfit.
What do you think?
To view image sources click here