Barbados is now home to the world’s first departure beach.
Virgin Holidays Departure Beach lounge at the Copacabana, Bay Street has officially been opened. This provides Virgin Atlantic travellers the opportunity to eliminate the hustle and bustle at the airport and soak the last bit of sun, sea and sand while checking-in and collecting their boarding passes.
Founder of Virgin Group Ltd Sir Richard Branson said he was proud of the work of the Virgin Holidays company, which he said had managed to increase Virgin flights to Barbados since its introduction some two decades ago.
According to Virgin Holidays, here’s why you should use the Departure Beach:
- Spend less time at the airport and more time enjoying your final day on the beach or relaxing in our air-conditioned lounge
- Transfers to Departure Beach are included
- Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout our Departure Beach, even down to the beach
- On-site Virgin Atlantic Bag Drop facility meaning you won’t see your bags again until you arrive back in the UK
- Virgin Holidays reps will be located on-site and on hand to answer any last minute questions you may have
- Freshen up before your flight home with full shower and changing facilities