Did you know that Speightstown…
- Speightstown derived its name from William Speight who at the time owned the land where it is located?
- It was a major port in the 17th century facilitating the docking of ships that arrived from England and also a centre for trading activities?
- It is home to the Arlington House museum which is actually an 18th-century house?
4. Speightstown is actually the 2nd largest town on the island of Barbados?
5. Speightstown has some of the oldest buildings in Barbados – buildings that date back to the first settlement of Barbados?